I’m passionate about helping people to grow, change and improve their skills to be able to be better professionals. Since 2006 I’ve been doing keynotes, public talks, workshops, and guest university lectures with audiences up to 1,000 people all around the world. My presentations reached over 1,000,000 views, were awarded multiple times Presentation of the Day, and featured in the worldwide Design Top 50 on Slideshare.
You can find my speaker biogaphy and photos here.
“Perfect blending of academic thinking with practical application”Shimrit Janes (Twitter)
“Folletto has the most beautiful slides at #IxD14 that I’ve seen so far, I must say. It’s a visual design clinic masquerading as a presentation”Michael-Owen Liston (Twitter)
“I feel I’m getting two talks for the price of one from Folletto. Awesome Dot Loop process, which underlies social experience design”Tarun Gangwani (Twitter)
Main Keynote Themes
These are the main themes I talked about in recent years:
- Leadership and management is a topic I approached initially from a design perspective, then being validated and applied to more general leadership contexts.
- Distributed Teams and remote collaboration, is a discussion often too much focused around the tools instead of the team culture and structure. I have multiple years of direct experience in team collaboration and I gave a few talks on the subject.
- Operations, Design Ops specifically, and more in general operations and processes at scale, from small startups, to organizations, to open source communities.
- Social Experience Design is a very wide topic and I have a few different kind of presentations and workshops, that are all based on Motivational Design, the method I’m evolving since 2006 with Gianandrea Giacoma.
Speaking history highlights
- InVision 2021 Product Design Trends — online (2020)
- Make Meaningful Work: Feedback, Safety and Trust — online (2020)
- Distributed Teams Conference — online (2020)
- BIMA Webinar — online (2020)
- SingularityU Milan – online (2020)
- Design Research Tokyo (2019)
- Miro Distributed 19 (2019)
- UXHK (2019)
- DesignUp (2018)
- WordCamp Europe (2018)
- WordCamp Milano (2017)
- WordCamp Brighton (2017)
- WEBdeLDN (2017)
- IxDA London (2017)
- Make Meaningful Work (2017)
- UX Book Club Brescia (2017)
- TEDxBologna (2016)
- WordCamp Europe (2016)
- UX Lausanne (2016)
- Social Media Week Milan (2016)
- Future of Work (2016)
- Codemotion Amsterdam (2016)
- Adobe Creative Master Week (2016)
- Surf Office Meetup (2016)
- World IA Day Rome (2016)
- Culturevist (2016)
- Swipe Summit (2016)
- Hangar Miller (2015)
- From the Front (2015)
- ThemeConf (2015)
- ImpactON (2015)
- WordCamp London (2015)
- MuseumNext (2015)
- UXHK (2015)
- WordCamp San Francisco (2014)
- BetterSoftware (2014)
- WordCamp Europe (2014)
- Interaction 14 Redux London (2014)
- Interaction 14 (2014)
- MEX (2013)
- UX Australia (2013)
- UX Café 1 Year Anniversary (2013)
- WebVisions Barcelona (2013)
- Social Business Summit (2013)
- Digital Shoreditch (2013)
- To The Moon @ SXSW (2013)
- Interaction 13 Redux London (2013)
- LIFT13 (2013)
- IXDA Interaction 13 (2013)
- Creative Morning (2012)
- Ernst & Young Social & Mobile Summit / invite only (2012)
- UX Café 1 & 2 (2012)
- Social Media Week London (2012)
- UX Conference (2011)
- Lightning UX (2011)
- EbookLab Italia (2011)
- GameCamp (2011)
- Frontiers of Interaction (2010)
- Innovative Day (2009)
- Frontiers of Interaction (2009)
- UXCamp (2009)
- World Usability Day (2009)
- BetterSoftware (2009)
- Sci(bzaar)net (2008)
- WordCamp Italy (2008)
- Second Life Workshop (2007)
- ZenaCamp (2007)
- BzaarCafé (2007)
- ConvegnoGT (2007)
- DePaul University, Chicago (2020)
- Politecnico di Milano (2018)
- General Assembly (2013-2014)
- Digital Accademia (2011)
- University of Pisa (2011)
- Bicocca University (2010)
- IULM, Social Media Lab (2009)
- Cattolica University (2009)
I’ve also collaborated to bring to life a few events as well, from the first Italian BarCamp with Riccardo Cambiassi that started spreading BarCamps in Italy, to specialized events, to large worldwide events.
- Interaction 18 (2018), the IxDA yearly worldwide conference.
- User-Centred Design in Social Business (2012), an evening talk for managers.
- Sci(bzaar)net (2008), an event between science and design.
- RitaliaCamp (2007), a BarCamp to talk about the Italian tourism portal.
- BzaarCamp (2006), the first Italian BarCamp, with Riccardo Cambiassi.